Somerset County Freeholder Patricia Walsh has announced the eighth annual Adopt-A-Family program that will help provide Thanksgiving meals for needy families, and extended thanks the hundreds of donors who have given generously in prior years.
“We often hear that people want to help others within their own community,” she said. “This is a perfect way for residents to earmark donations to help feed needy families in their own or neighboring towns.” The program has collected $96,103 in donations since its inception in 2010.
The estimated cost of a Thanksgiving meal is $40. Anyone wishing to donate may send a check to any of the following local programs:
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County, P.O. Box 149, Bound Brook, NJ 08805
- Franklin Food Bank, P.O. Box 333, Somerset, NJ 08875-0333
- Feeding Hands Inc., Emmanuel Church, 100 Grant Ave., Somerville, NJ 08876
- Hillsborough Food Pantry, Attn: Social Services Department, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
- Reformed Church of Bound Brook, P.O Box 347, South Bound Brook, NJ 08880
- SHIP – Samaritan Homeless Interim Program, 87 E. High St., Somerville, NJ 08876
On the memo line of your check, write Adopt-A-Family and the name of the town where you wish your donation to go. If $40 is difficult for you, any amount will be gratefully accepted. The Food Bank Network and SHIP serve residents throughout Somerset County; the Franklin and Hillsborough programs primarily serve residents within those respective towns; Feeding Hands Inc. serves the Somerville area; and the Reformed Church serves both Bound Brook and South Bound Brook.
For more information, call the Food Bank Network at (732) 560-1813, the Franklin Food Bank at (732) 246-0009, Feeding Hands Inc. at (908) 397-6452, the Hillsborough Social Services Department at (908) 369-3880, the Reformed Church of Bound Brook at (732) 356-9345 or SHIP at (908) 393-9545.
Click here to print and complete the Registration form.